Friday, August 31, 2012

Alphabet Muck

I love how something so messy and fun can also teach.  Today we played in muck and reinforced our alphabet.  When we where finished Adeline walked around singing her version of the alphabet.  I was sweet.


Muck is a great base to use to add any theme.  You could add colors, shapes, numbers, it has endless possibilities.  It also works fine motor skills.

The recipe I used was:

3/4 cup cornstarch
1/3 cup water
food color if wanted

Slowly add corn starch to water mixture.  Do not stir.  Let the mixture stand for 2-3 minutes.  Use hands to squeeze and mix together.

 I found these little letters a Discount School Supply.



Adeline really enjoyed this activity, I think next time we will use some spoons and ladles.

5 comments:

  1. I will try this activity with my boy. He is an alphabet lover! By the way I nominate your blot for the One Lovely Blog Award. Here is the link: http://www.asuperbaby.blogspot.com/2012/08/one-lovely-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah, much is the best! Muck and letters = Fabulous Fun! Thanks for sharing - I am featuring this one this week's Sunday Showcase.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love cornstarch and water!!! Great idea sticking the letters in. Wonderful sensory learning. Thanks for sharing with The Sunday Showcase.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic idea! Wouldn't have thought of this combination! I have had to change my daughter's nursery as I can't do it and school run - so your tips will be invaluable! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...